When you begin to face challenges in your new IEC business, valuable mentoring is your secret path to success. Entrepreneur Magazine states that 90% of all successful business people had help from someone else and that everyone needs a mentor.
The trouble is more likely than not, new entrepreneurs like new IEC's are unable to tap into the industry enough to find someone more experienced, provide the time and resources to "show them the ropes." New entrepreneurs like yourself tend to look in all the wrong places, imagine someone much older than themselves and assume the only mentors out there are beyond their reach.
The truth is, getting started as a new IEC is no simple accomplishment. But, it's not impossible either. I clearly remember the first two years as a new IEC with countless hours of hard work and what appeared to be little reward. I felt like I was getting nowhere fast while spinning my rhetorical wheels.
In a recent research study by SAGE, 93% of business startups admit that
mentorship is instrumental to success.
But, that all changed when I finally reached out and found a mentor. I was able to engage with someone with many years of experience as an IEC and learn from their journey, share ideas and resources and build upon their mistakes to avoid them having similar ones of my own. Finding a great mentor helps keep you moving forward, on your toes and continually generating momentum.
It is commonly understood a mentor is someone with more entrepreneurial business experience than you who serves as a trusted confidante over an extended period of time. While this is true, The IEC Mentor goes beyond the common definition of a simple mentor and coaches the newer IEC throughout the journey.
While gaining valuable experience, reassurance, and encouragement, The IEC Mentor experience adds a layer to include constructing confidence, building solutions matched by your fierce interest to learn and grow.
How Does This Work?
- Apply online! This is the most crucial step because it allows me to get to know a little about you. It's important to determine good fit in this mentoring relationship.
- Let's connect! After I am able to review your application, we'll spend a few moments together on the phone together. This is a great time to fill in any gaps and ask a few pressing questions. This call will not last any longer than 30 minutes at the most.
- On your mark, get set . . . GO! Together, we will set a schedule to cover a minimum of 12 weeks over the next 6 months. Topics will include standard discussions incorporating marketing, business planning and pricing, the product and delivery. In addition, we will discuss your top 5 most pressing concerns as indicated on your submitted application.
- Nothing but blue skies on your path to success!!!
- A professional colleague who understands the IEC journey from the beginning and holds an invested interest in your success.
- Action plans setting you on a path to success.
- Customized marketing plan that fits your “style” and comfort level, driving you closer to reaching your goals.
- Weekly mentoring calls over the course of 12 weeks, during which time we will discuss things such as:
- Marketing efforts
- Making a splash in social media
- Putting what you know to work
- Process improvements — knowing what to do and how to do it efficiently
- Attracting clients to broaden your experience and build a strong referral base
- Becoming the expert while growing in confidence in order to speak, present and deliver with assurance during initial consultations and presentations
- Anything else that will contribute to taking you and your IEC business to the next level.